It may be a bit light on content, but I’ve loved my time with Rainbow Six Siege – and I intend to spend quite a bit more time being a bad-ass counter-terrorist operative, kicking down-doors and subsequently getting shot in the face because I rushed in instead of planning my assault. Again.
That games also been patched up, adding a world of tweaks and changes that should make it better. Most intriguing for me, is the new system that automatically gets rid of griefers. It hasn’t happened to me too much, but I’ve played in a few games with hapless trolls intent on killing those on their own team – usually by virtue of a well-time explosive.
The trouble with an automated system like that though, is that it’s hard to distinguish between those who purposefully kill teammates, and those who do it inadvertently, because they’re idiots (Like me. Sorry everyone!).
The new system will employ “parameters that will cause an automatic kick of a griefer within a match.”
Ubisoft have said that they’re tuning their system “to make the distinction between accidental team killing and intentional team killing. Same goes for intentional hostage killing while playing as Defender. We will be tracking if the auto-kick feature reduces intentional team killing instances and will be adjusting the rigor of the parameters accordingly.”
I’m going to end up banned for life, probably.
Full patch notes below:
New Content & Features
- Visual Update
– DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC Players
- Community Health
– Implemented an auto-kick feature for intentional team killers
General Tweaks & Improvements
- Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:
- Pawn rotation latency
- Shield positioning while rappelling
- Shooting and moving while rappelling
- Kill cam replication issues
- Updated server tick rate for PC (intermittent & temporary)
- Playlist Changes
- PvP – Ranked playlist HUD has been synced with the Casual playlist
- Renamed Minimal HUD to Hardcore HUD
- Ranked Matchmaking Improvements
- Increased reliability of end-game skill rank updates.
- The penalty for abandoning a ranked game in progress has been temporarily reduced to 8 minutes.
- Skill rank icon is now displayed on the game’s main screen, next to your level.
- Other Matchmaking Improvements
- PvP & PvE matchmaking bug fixes
- PvP – Reduced time to detect Defenders outside from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- PvE – Reduced the maximum number of White Masks and reduced wave sizes in Terrorist Hunt – Disarm Bomb.
- Player Comfort
- Increased the amount of characters available tin the chatbox from 32 characters to 128 characters.
- Glaz scope visibility enhanced.
Top Community Raised Bug Fixes
- Gameplay fixes
- Level Design fixes
- Online Flow fixes
- Visual fixes
- UI fixes
- Miscellaneous fixes
Last Updated: December 17, 2015