At E3 this year, the chaps from Square-Enix announced a new Hitman game, which seems to drop all superfluous subtitles and is just called Hitman. It’ a bit of an unusual game though, because it seems to have elements of Early Access, without being a zombie survival game that’ll never actually be released. Instead, from what Square has said thus far is that it’ll be a game that has content added to it for months, despite its regular retail game price. It’s coming on December 8, 2015 to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and will add new content throughout the next year.
And it’s also in alpha. According to some people on the internet, Square has been handing out alpha access to the latest in Agent 47’s adventures, and dropping bits of proof by way of images and animates gifs. Users, via Reddit, warns that the game is watermarked, which accounts for the ugly line through everything.
- You must have a 360 controller to play it. So far I’m really enjoying! I find it to be closer to blood money than it is to absolution so far. It also appears to be quite a fairly taxing game on the hardware… 2x gtx 660 ( doesnt not support sli yet). Uniforms play a much more important role in this game, at least in this mission.
- Many path choices:
-climbing poles outside the building
-climb outside a window and jump from window to window hanging from a ledge
-go through the back underground staircases
-scaffolding and more
- Interactive Environments (firework displays, fire alarms, tampering with objects (breaking/loosening….etc) (multiple choices to tampering and it also requires tools to tamper with, such as screwdriver,wrench…) poisoning food, hiding weapons in crates of food) and more.
- Loadouts are back (choose your suit, sideweapon, specials(poisons[lethal,non-lethal..]/bombs), suitcase weapon…
- Side missions can make your mission easier; disable the small stock exchange meeting, take somebody out so a main target has to take their place….
- The game also doesn’t have that feeling absolution had that made it feel like a very linear game, just with a couple of paths to get to the end.
- Overall a very solid game so far! Just playing this Alpha has added it to my games list this year among Fallout 4, and Deus Ex: MD which both happen to be in my top 5 favourite games if that says anything.
If you’ve recently filled out a survey on Hitman for Square Enix, you may want to check your mail to see if you have access. If not, enjoy these screens instead.
Last Updated: July 6, 2015