The Witcher 3 is, by all accounts, an incredible game. It’s expansive; the sort of thing that will take you hours and hours to play through, to explore, and to wholly consume. Losing any amount of progress would be heart-breaking. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what’s happening to many Xbox One owners who’re finding their copies of The Witcher 3 not saving games – and in some instances, corrupting saved games completely. There’s also another Xbox One bug that prevents the game from even loading up.
Gamers have been playing for hours, only to find their consoles says “unable to save,” or later, when they load up a save, to have it stuck at a “now loading” screen. CD Projekt RED is aware of both issues, and says a fix is coming – but they’re not quite sure when. They have, however, said it’s a priority.
“We are aware of this issue and we are working to address it as soon as possible,” said the company in a statement. “Everyone affected should contact our consumer service as there’s a temporary solution which can help them.”
What might those temporary solutions be? According to Game Informer’s Andrew Reiner, who’s been having these issues, he was sent the following fixes:
One: avoid suspending the game.
Two: perform a hard reset of the Xbox One, which involves removing the power cable:
- Power down your console
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the Xbox One.
- Wait for two minutes
- Plug the power cable back into the back of the Xbox One
- Monitor the power brick, waiting for it to cycle from a white light to an orange light
- Turn the power on.
- This will perform a hard reset of the system.
Three: swap your local saves with your cloud saves:
- WARNING! There is another possible solution, however, this may result in losing progress if cloud saving s not on (for more information on cloud saving please consult http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360… )
- Go to the console’s settings / system / clear local saved games.
- Upon re-starting the game should re-sync, become functional, and progress should be retained as long as the cloud is on.
Have you experienced game-braking – or worse, game wiping – glitches? To be safe, you may want to switch your Xbox One off properly until CDPR issues a patch.
Last Updated: May 25, 2015